Wednesday, January 12, 2011

30 Changes Things...

Well, I've been 30 for a week now...doesn't feel much different, but I have decided to make a few changes that go along with turning 30.

1.) Negativity. I will no longer surround myself with people who are negative towards me, my family, or just a negative influence in general.

2.) Pleasure. I try so hard to please everyone....some just so they're not upset with me....but I'm done trying. My birthday showed me who really loves and cares for me enough to be the people I please, so those are the ones I'm pleasing. I will no longer try to please anyone else....so I should have some extra room now to please myself.

3.) Friends. They're changing, err have changed, a lot. I was devastated in October by a friendship and I'm still trying to recover from it. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to love and trust another friend the way I did that one. I think the saying is true that you never really know someone. Anyway, the point of this one is to say that while I may have trouble trusting and loving again, I've got a great group of friends that I cherish.

4.) Family. My family is the most important thing to me and I'm going to do more to spend time with them...but still accomplish everything I need to in a day.

5.) Pictures. I don't take enough....so I will take more....to cherish the days!

6.) Fun. I'm going to start having fun again! There's no reason we can't start having more fun around here.

7.) Smile. It's been a while since I've smiled every day. I'm going to make a good faith effort to smile every day--no matter how bad the day is going.

8.) Laugh. I don't laugh enough. I will laugh more...and I will enjoy it.


There's a lot that's going to change....especially when I consider all the things I want to change...and how that influences my priorities. But I'm excited--so excited (see, already smiling) about the future. And, here, at my party, I was laughing with some of my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment