It's hard to believe it's already February 8th. Where has the past month gone already?!
Our house has been so full of sickness this past month. Both the kids had the flu, again. Josh had some form of the flu...and now me and Nickolas has pneumonia and Alissa has some form of that. It's really knocked me down this time. I guess because I've been so busy at work and just trying to juggle the balance of kids and home and sickness. I wish I could just open up the house and let all the bad stuff out and let new, good stuff in.
Josh's grandmother has been in the hospital since last Thursday and on Friday she was moved into the ICU and put on a vent. She was able to come off the vent yesterday, but her lungs are so damaged, it's just going to be wait and see. This has been difficult for both of us, but we've spent lots of time with her over the past few months, so we're prepared for whatever happens. It's just hard for me to not be able to visit her (even though I'm one of those that would prefer not to see her in this way). I think it's even harder for me to digest not being there because there are people that flocked to her side that can't visit her when she's well, but the minute she's in the hospital, they're right there. I just don't understand people at all. I know that grammy knows and probably has sad feelings about it, too, but it's just hard for me.
The doctor told me yesterday no work until Thursday, and well, that's really hard for me to do. I'm not one to just lay around, especially since I feel like that's all I've done since Friday afternoon anyway. I guess if they'd given me an antibiotic that would cover this on Friday, I'd probably already be feeling better, but I lost time since the antibiotic they gave me wouldn't cover this. Now, I have z-pak...and everyone knows that's a miracle worker...so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be feeling up to doing things again!
Nickolas will be 4 in 1 week! I can't believe it--at all!! Where has this past 4 years gone?! I was looking through pictures last night and I'm just in awe at how much he's grown! His birthday will always bring some sadness as it was 2 years ago this year that my aunt passed away, two days before his birthday...and I was flying out to her funeral on his birthday....a birthday she was supposed to be here celebrating with us! I try to remember the happy times...and fill my life with positive memories, but I just get sad. I would give anything for her to be back here on earth and filling our lives with her laughter!
Alissa's doing FaNtAsTiC in school! Her SBAR has her above grade level in several areas, especially reading! I'm so excited to have her reading and doing so well, but I think she's getting a little bored...she anxiously awaits days off of school and begs to stay home "I won't miss much" she says. I'm hoping now that we're into a new semester, they're going to be introducing more to her and she'll be engaged again, soon!
I think that sums up the past month here....sick, sick, sick, and more sick. Please keep saying those prayers for us...and pray for God's will for Josh's grandmother. She's taught me much about life....and marriage....and love, but it's not in our time, but God's time that decisions are made. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment