This morning, the morning before we celebrate our Savior's birth, I'm reflecting on our miracle this year.
In February, we lost Grammy. It's been a tough 10 monts for some, but I know she's with us every step of the way, just not here on Earth. My last words to her, through tears, were to ask God for a miracle for Nickolas. I knew if there was one person in this world that would meet our Creator, it was her. It wasn't until August that I realized since her passing, he hadn't been sick. I cried the day I put two and two together.
On November 7th, Nickolas had his ear drum repaired from a hole. He had to have a full tympanoplasty. I've never seen him bounce back as quickly as he did this time from any of his other surgeries!
On December 7th, we saw our Pulmonologist for our routine appointment. He told us Nickolas doesn't have Primary Ciliary Dyskensia. He couldn't explain everything we'd been through, just that he doesn't have it. The appointment ended with Nickolas being released from his care.
On December 15th, we saw our ENT for the last follow up from his ear surgery. The visit ended in tears as she told us she gave us the best Christmas present ever. Nickolas' hearing is fully restored and there's no reason for us to continue seeing her. We've seen her since December 7th, 2007 and she's been an integral part of our healthcare. She's amazing and I will never forget her or the care she gave us. She's truly one-of-a-kind.
Nickolas still struggles with some stuff noses and every once in a while, he'll have some extra "clearing" of his lungs to do, but all in all, my son has received a miracle. I tear up when I think about my last words to Grammy and how much she loved my family--enough to think of us when she was at His feet. I believe she's the reason we are where we're at with Nickolas.
We were blessed beyond words this year and I truly believe in miracles and that one door closes so another one can open.
I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
True blessings from above. I imagine your Grammy and my Mom are having a chat on Heaven's porch!
ReplyDeleteI have prayed for your family and will continue to do so...as your testimony demonstrates...prayer works!