This week has been awful! Every day, I've had some appointment to take a child to (or myself) and I'm so grouchy! I've been on the elimination diet now for 4 days (tomorrow starts day 5) and I'm hoping it will still get better, but right now all I am is hungry and grouchy.
Nickolas' appointments have gone well this week, contradictory to last week. On Friday, we saw the ENT our ENT recommended to ensure we were hitting everything we could...and well, I wouldn't recommend him to a horse! He was so unprofessional and rude. It's that time of year where we have to be careful what we expose him to, so we're trying to pick our "battles" so to speak. We spent last Saturday at Downtown Disney seeing Santa...and then went to see the lights at MGM, err Hollywood Studios. It was a perfect night as it wasn't too terribly cold....because ever since then, it's been near freezing every night.
Ah, Alissa. Her appointment was a bit different this week...and well, she's got a rough road ahead of her. She's never been a good sleeper....and she struggles to breathe through her nose...and gets nosebleeds--a lot. Some days they're so bad, it takes us over 20 minutes to get them stopped. She also gets a lot of headaches (which is also probably somewhat inherited thanks to me)....but today, we found out she has a deviated septum. We go next week for a Cat Scan of her sinuses to get a closer peek at what's going on inside....and how bad it really is, but it looks like there will be a surgery in her near future. She's so tired all the time....she'd sleep for days if I let her and the doctor told us today it's because she's not sleeping well from the deviated septum and all the swelling she saw. I guess it can be caused by a couple different things, so the CT scan will help us with all that. We're also considering a consult for her at UNC, too, to rule out that she also has PCD. As she gets older, some of her symptoms seem to be more prominent, so it is possible.
Next weekend, we're celebrating Alissa turning 6 with an Olivia birthday party. She's so excited...I just hope some of her friends come otherwise she's going to be really disappointed. I've moved away from party favors this year and I'm instead going to bake special themed cookies to go with the party for anyone to take home.
Then, we have Christmas. I'm excited for Christmas, but this year's been so tough on all of us that I'm also a little "down" that it's Christmas. Hopefully, once I'm on vacation, I'll feel the relief of the holidays.
Then, 2 weeks later, we're celebrating my big 3-0 with a birthday bash! My friend Niki agreed to help Josh and my mom pull everything together, so I'm excited to see what they come up with! I have seen the invites and they're gorgeous thanks to my great friend, Becca! I keep telling myself 30 won't be so bad, but I'm not convinced yet.
The next week, we're going out with just some adult friends for some adult celebrating :o)....and I only know where one stop is...the rest Niki is taking care of. I'm so blessed to have a friend like her!!
Only a couple weeks later, my baby boy turns 4! My goodness this year sure has flown by....yesterday (12/7), I remembered the day from 2007 when our ENT told us that most kids with the bronchial malacia as severe as his don't survive birth. This is a new day for us. For months, we struggled with why is God doing this to us and our family, we're going broke trying to fix our son....and the answer is revealed....he's allowing us to KEEP our son with us....so our way of thinking shifted. I try to always remember the day...and thank God for his precious gift!
Overall, I'm just so ready for a break! No doctors, no tests, no shots, no work, nothing...just plain nothing. Vacation is only 11 working days away (or 2 weeks from tomorrow), but right now, with all that's going on, it's not close enough. What's funny is that about 2 months ago I said that in 2011, no one is poking or proding Nickolas unless he needs it to live...that he needs a break and so do we....and now it's Alissa. Some days, it's really tough to get through, even with all the faith in the world.
Nickolas' appointments have gone well this week, contradictory to last week. On Friday, we saw the ENT our ENT recommended to ensure we were hitting everything we could...and well, I wouldn't recommend him to a horse! He was so unprofessional and rude. It's that time of year where we have to be careful what we expose him to, so we're trying to pick our "battles" so to speak. We spent last Saturday at Downtown Disney seeing Santa...and then went to see the lights at MGM, err Hollywood Studios. It was a perfect night as it wasn't too terribly cold....because ever since then, it's been near freezing every night.
Ah, Alissa. Her appointment was a bit different this week...and well, she's got a rough road ahead of her. She's never been a good sleeper....and she struggles to breathe through her nose...and gets nosebleeds--a lot. Some days they're so bad, it takes us over 20 minutes to get them stopped. She also gets a lot of headaches (which is also probably somewhat inherited thanks to me)....but today, we found out she has a deviated septum. We go next week for a Cat Scan of her sinuses to get a closer peek at what's going on inside....and how bad it really is, but it looks like there will be a surgery in her near future. She's so tired all the time....she'd sleep for days if I let her and the doctor told us today it's because she's not sleeping well from the deviated septum and all the swelling she saw. I guess it can be caused by a couple different things, so the CT scan will help us with all that. We're also considering a consult for her at UNC, too, to rule out that she also has PCD. As she gets older, some of her symptoms seem to be more prominent, so it is possible.
Next weekend, we're celebrating Alissa turning 6 with an Olivia birthday party. She's so excited...I just hope some of her friends come otherwise she's going to be really disappointed. I've moved away from party favors this year and I'm instead going to bake special themed cookies to go with the party for anyone to take home.
Then, we have Christmas. I'm excited for Christmas, but this year's been so tough on all of us that I'm also a little "down" that it's Christmas. Hopefully, once I'm on vacation, I'll feel the relief of the holidays.
Then, 2 weeks later, we're celebrating my big 3-0 with a birthday bash! My friend Niki agreed to help Josh and my mom pull everything together, so I'm excited to see what they come up with! I have seen the invites and they're gorgeous thanks to my great friend, Becca! I keep telling myself 30 won't be so bad, but I'm not convinced yet.
The next week, we're going out with just some adult friends for some adult celebrating :o)....and I only know where one stop is...the rest Niki is taking care of. I'm so blessed to have a friend like her!!
Only a couple weeks later, my baby boy turns 4! My goodness this year sure has flown by....yesterday (12/7), I remembered the day from 2007 when our ENT told us that most kids with the bronchial malacia as severe as his don't survive birth. This is a new day for us. For months, we struggled with why is God doing this to us and our family, we're going broke trying to fix our son....and the answer is revealed....he's allowing us to KEEP our son with us....so our way of thinking shifted. I try to always remember the day...and thank God for his precious gift!
Overall, I'm just so ready for a break! No doctors, no tests, no shots, no work, nothing...just plain nothing. Vacation is only 11 working days away (or 2 weeks from tomorrow), but right now, with all that's going on, it's not close enough. What's funny is that about 2 months ago I said that in 2011, no one is poking or proding Nickolas unless he needs it to live...that he needs a break and so do we....and now it's Alissa. Some days, it's really tough to get through, even with all the faith in the world.
We've got a lot coming up....and the holidays will be here before we know it. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and hope that you make very special memories this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment