Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Must Have Ketchup!

I've been having trouble lately trying to feel, well, well. I've talked to most of my doctors and no one has been able to figure it out...and well, they think they have. I was last allergy tested a year before Nickolas was born (so 2006)...and in preparation for allergy shots, I had to be re-tested to ensure the serum is accurate. Turns out, I've developed several, severe, food allergies, which might explain the issues I've been having. So, are you ready?
  • Corn
  • Tomatoes
  • Blueberries
  • Garlic
  • Chocolate
  • Eggs
  • Wheat
  • Chicken
  • Mustard
  • Pork
  • Carrots
  • Peanuts and
  • Lobster.

Whew!

So, he advised me to do an elimination diet and then re-introduce one at a time until I see what my reactions are to individual items.

So, now the real work starts....I just don't even know where to begin. I can go gluten free...but I can't have eggs...or corn....and how can I eat nasty stuff without ketchup? I guess this weekend I'll be sitting down and doing some research. I want to feel better, so I'm definitely up for giving it a try...and rest assured the first thing I'll try is ketchup (assuming it doesn't also have garlic!).

In the meantime, I look at this picture from our thank bank and I'm reminded of how much I have to be thankful for, even if ketchup can't be on the list!


No comments:

Post a Comment