So, it's been a few weeks since I've taken the time to sit down and blog. Things have been extremely busy around here. Since Nickolas' surgery in August, we've been told he's "fair" and not really sure if he'll ever get to "good." So, we've started the nasal nebulizer. While my Pulm didn't have much experience, my Immunologist did and highly recommended trying the muprocin. So, we bit the bullet and agreed to the monthly cost. I'm nervous about it, but we'll definitely give it a good-faith effort. We've also started him back on preventative antibiotics. So, he's getting Zithromax every day. I'm hoping this will get us through the fall and winter without much incident.
Alissa's had some trouble adjusting to school. First, she was afraid of the school resource officer and was worried someone was going to shoot her at school (not even sure how she got that in her head)! Then, the lunch lady yelled at her because she didn't pay for her milk. The teacher took full responsibility for it saying he told her to skip line, but neglected to tell her she had to scan her card. It was still enough to completely freak her out. So, I had lunch with her to get an idea of how it all works...and my first lunch with her consisted of conversations that completely shocked me for five year olds. It helped me understand what was going on and I really enjoyed the time with Alissa, so I've decided to make it a weekly habit, at least for now.
I'm still struggling with my PCOS and how it makes me feel...I saw a new doctor this week and he was encouraging and had some great advice, but I still have a long road ahead. My migraines have literally been every day for the past three weeks, so I guess, I'll need to put a phone call in this week, but I've just had so much going on with the kids the past few weeks, I haven't had time to think about anything else.
Nickolas saw a psychologist on Friday at All Children's. She has experience dealing with kids who have health issues, so we're hoping she can help us get through and help Nickolas get through all of this without ending up in the crazy-house! :) I really liked her and she seemed really helpful, so we'll see her again in a couple of weeks after we've had a chance to finish our "homework." Josh and I are reading the book 1-2-3 Magic....hoping it can provide some renewed sense of rules for us. :)
I think that's about it for now....busy, busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment