Thursday, April 8, 2010

April showers bring May flowers...

So far, 2010 has been quite the year full of adventure for me. I've tried lots of new things and I'm letting my curiousity run free more than I'm used to. So far, I've called, texted, wrote, cried, tattooed, almost pierced (stay tuned in June), and for the first time in years--I've laughed and smiled.

Those of you that know what I've been through the past few years, I can tell you that the good outweighs the bad this year! The friendships that are most important to me grow more with each passing day. I feel as though a few are slipping through my fingers, but I've learned that I can't control everything in my life the way I thought I could.

I've learned how to communicate. Some days it's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm doing it and it's the first time in years that I'm okay with it. I look forward to saying things like "I love sex" (OH my, that's the first time in my life I've ever said that out loud...or even been willing to admit it and I've been married over 8 years)...and "You won't talk to me like that" or "You're special to me." I've never been comfortable expressing my feelings outside of my own mind and well, it's really scary, but I'm trying really hard to be more giving of my thoughts, I've learned that keeping it in does more damage than good.

I'm learning more and more each day that I have to trust God to drive this train and no amount of worry will make it go in a different direction....He IS the driver and He IS the only one who knows where I'm going, so I must give it to Him.

The biggest thing I've learned so far this year is to sit back......and breathe. This life won't last forever and trying to keep up with it only makes me tired. I'm determined to watch more and breathe more.

1 comment: