Well, after seeing the optometrist, opthamologist, and neurologist...I was sent to see a Neuro-Opthamologist....and I've finally gotten some answers!
I've been diagnosed with Horner's Syndrome. Horner's Syndrome is caused by damage to the sympathetic nervous system. I had an MRA completed today and I have to have 2 more scans next week, but he believes they'll all be negative, which leaves us with the conclusion of migraines causing the syndrome.
They can be more aggressive with the migraines to prevent further damage, but there's nothing they can do about the syndrome itself. He said we'd talk more about that when I go back next week after all the tests are complete.
I spent over 4 hours at the doctor's and I fell in love with him! He was fantastic! He was very thorough and took his time with me. The even better news is that he's able to take over my neurology care so I don't have to go see my other neurologist whom I hated!
So while it wasn't fantastic news, after 7 long weeks, it was an answer! I'll keep you posted as we move along over the next few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment