So this week started off pretty eventful for us.
Sunday was Easter...and we spent all night Saturday into Sunday morning in the Emergency Room with Nickolas.....he came away with an ear infection....which, I believe, is secondary to whatever his main problem is.
For Easter, we went to my mom's house and hunted eggs, ate dinner, and played for a while. We got the kids a "bounce house." Nickolas' only smile of the day came from being inside that house!
Monday, we had many doctor appts. My mom accompanied me to help with the two kiddos. Alissa was full of LOTS of surprises. I knew we were in trouble for the day when her mouth didn't stop running. At one point, mom told her "Alissa, cut Oma some slack, darling." She looked up and said, so sternly, "Oma, I can't have knives." This was the first of many that day! Later on, she told us "Hey guys, guess what: I can't have knives." She definitely kept us in stitches!
Throughout the week, Alissa had many new phrases...the one that sticks with me the most is "It's like a big, beautiful dream, Daddy." She told him that when she saw something Ariel at the store...I guess she thought she'd like it for her room...and No, no we didn't buy it.
Nickolas started his Sucraid this week (the enzyme replacement for his disease). Today is his fourth day and he seems less-irritable since starting it...but I'm still really nervous about the future and his CSID. We'll have to play it day-by-day.
Nickolas is talking more and more. His new favorite word is "Yeah." If you ask him a question and the answer is "yes," he will say "yeah." If the answer is no.....he doesn't say anything...it's too funny! He also says "dada, mama, baba (which he no longer has), sissy (in brief periods)," and some others I can't remember at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment