Friday, January 29, 2010

*Sigh....another day, another dollar

I have an MRI scheduled for next Wednesday, but my doctor did call today and tell me that while my sugar tests returned normal, my potassium was extremely low.


He says that potassium has a lot to do with muscle and nerve function and while it's a long shot for my eye, it's still something we need to look into and address.


For now, I'm on some supplemental potassium while we wait on the brain scan.


Enough about me...how about Nickolas? Well, he did SO good with his CT scan yesterday! He laid still for them so we didn't have to put him to sleep! He's such a big boy!


We've also started him on some new therapy--Rifampin and Cleocin. That poor child, they're both NASTY! I've never seen something so yucky with the Rifampin (I can see why the nurse said everything that comes out will be rust colored). He took his first dose of both like such a big boy! 1 dose of each down, over 75 to go. We told him it will make him feel better and he took it very well! Let's hope it doesn't let us down! I've attached a picture of the Rifampin....but the picture just doesn't do it justice.


Until next time....(which, I hope isn't before Wednesday..lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment