Ahhh....is 2009 really over in 11 days? My goodness where has the time gone? I have lots of memories of this year....some are good....some not so good....but I've learned from or cherished every one of them.
I super enjoyed my trip to TN last January....SO wish we could do it again this year. I'm in need of some snow!! It was also in January that I reconnected with one of my sisters. Building that relationship this year has meant more to me than some will ever know.
Then, in February, I went to NY for a few days to say good bye to a special great aunt. Her death has been harder on me than I ever expected. Not one day passes that I don't think of her.....and the tears flow at least once a week for her. I know she knows we loved her....but I just wish one more time I could tell her....and that my kids could hug her one last time.
In June, we went back to TN to see Josh's aunt and uncle. We had so much fun! It was such a nice getaway for us!! It was a quick weekend on the farm, but the kids loved every minute of it, especially the kittens!
In July, we welcomed two precious little girls to the family with a Love Shower! Katie and Christina have definitely brightened up Alissa's life....not a day goes by that she doesn't talk about her "cousins."
In September, we went to Disney for a week with my mom to celebrate her big 5-0. We had SO much fun!! SO many memories!! I can't wait to do it again!
In November, my cousin joined the Marines...and left for boot camp on 12/14. I'm so proud of his decision to support my freedom and so proud of him.....but I'm also very worried about him!
Mixed in with all of this.....is Nickolas' illness and trying to figure him out....and add Alissa's about to be FIVE! And Nickolas will be THREE!!
Can't forget both of my hospital instances...I guess 3 if you count my surgery.
There's lots of little things that had a big impact on me.....and some big things that had even more impact on me. But the thing I re-learned this year is how lucky
I am to have such an awesome, supportive husband and family! What a true blessing it is to wake up to them every day and know that I'm the most important person in their lives.
I'm also very grateful for my friends....and I can't let Katie go un-named. She helped scoop me up many days...and for that, I'm forever in-debted to her! I also made a few new friends this year....one is celebrating a memorable birthday on Christmas! Her friendship is important to me...I've learned a lot from her and through her...I look forward to it continuing to grow!
I'm hoping with the beginning of the new decade, I'll begin to have and build many more memories....and continue to build on the ones I have.
May 2010 bring you and your family the happiness I've found in mine!
<3>
I super enjoyed my trip to TN last January....SO wish we could do it again this year. I'm in need of some snow!! It was also in January that I reconnected with one of my sisters. Building that relationship this year has meant more to me than some will ever know.
Then, in February, I went to NY for a few days to say good bye to a special great aunt. Her death has been harder on me than I ever expected. Not one day passes that I don't think of her.....and the tears flow at least once a week for her. I know she knows we loved her....but I just wish one more time I could tell her....and that my kids could hug her one last time.
In June, we went back to TN to see Josh's aunt and uncle. We had so much fun! It was such a nice getaway for us!! It was a quick weekend on the farm, but the kids loved every minute of it, especially the kittens!
In July, we welcomed two precious little girls to the family with a Love Shower! Katie and Christina have definitely brightened up Alissa's life....not a day goes by that she doesn't talk about her "cousins."
In September, we went to Disney for a week with my mom to celebrate her big 5-0. We had SO much fun!! SO many memories!! I can't wait to do it again!
In November, my cousin joined the Marines...and left for boot camp on 12/14. I'm so proud of his decision to support my freedom and so proud of him.....but I'm also very worried about him!
Mixed in with all of this.....is Nickolas' illness and trying to figure him out....and add Alissa's about to be FIVE! And Nickolas will be THREE!!
Can't forget both of my hospital instances...I guess 3 if you count my surgery.
There's lots of little things that had a big impact on me.....and some big things that had even more impact on me. But the thing I re-learned this year is how lucky
I am to have such an awesome, supportive husband and family! What a true blessing it is to wake up to them every day and know that I'm the most important person in their lives.
I'm also very grateful for my friends....and I can't let Katie go un-named. She helped scoop me up many days...and for that, I'm forever in-debted to her! I also made a few new friends this year....one is celebrating a memorable birthday on Christmas! Her friendship is important to me...I've learned a lot from her and through her...I look forward to it continuing to grow!
I'm hoping with the beginning of the new decade, I'll begin to have and build many more memories....and continue to build on the ones I have.
May 2010 bring you and your family the happiness I've found in mine!
<3>
No comments:
Post a Comment